SDCXTRA RADIO

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Swoop Swoop






Somewhere in the Shadows is the first album to be released under Gorman’s Swoop Swoop alias, on Sean Hocking’s now Hong Kong-based label Metal Postcard.

Filled with delicious, subtle takes on acoustic guitar and minor forays into electronic elements, there’s no one phrase to pin down the aesthetic.

Instead, there are influences, sounds, and fragments. “I love Bob Dylan,” Gorman says. “I remember listening to ‘Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright’ once and that really affected me, the sound and everything about it. I was into the blues for a long time, not so much anymore.”Harmonious Beach Boys pop also gets a look-in too, alongside a childhood fascination with punk.

“When I was in high school I listened to Dead Kennedys, American punk bands, but then I kind of got over that.

........the end result is the gloriously hazy, woozy world of Swoop Swoop that evokes Saturday afternoons, sunlight and carefree memories



CYCLIC DEFROST (AUS)

No comments:

Post a Comment