SDCXTRA RADIO

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Guayaba


The artist formerly known as Aeon Fux is back with a new moniker and a new sound.


Catherine Monnes Guayaba, Bravo! And Thank you. You knock me out. Beauiful.

Gary Campbell
The first track off of "Black Trash/White House" ends with this beautiful statement of truth: "I promise that I'm honest, and I promise I'm sincere, and I'm fucked up in the head and I am fat and I am queer, and I am poor and black and may even be ugly, but I'm here." There's a bit of Nikki Minaj in her multiple personality rapping style, used to full effect on songs like "Brown Recluse." This record concludes with "Paloma," an unexpectedly sweet, soft acoustic guitar ballad. Favorite track: Casa Blanca.

Emilio Luarca
Absolutely my favorite group of songs from 2016. Black Trash/White House is an incredible album that bends genres and defies consistency. Guayaba holds it down for the many artists of color across this nation - by fusing life and art into a truly unique sound.

You inspire me mami, keep it up! Favorite track: Paloma


No comments:

Post a Comment